You can already skateboard so why not learn how to teach? Join us for a certification and you will learn:
- How to break down Beginning and Intermediate skills well enough to clearly understand and teach
- The Teaching Model, we know you can skate, this certification process is about learning how to teach
- How to improve your own skateboarding by learning and understanding the technique behind the skill
- How to demonstrate skateboarding and speak in front of others with confidence
- How to market yourself to earn additional income
Tools you will receive:
- 32 page Manual
- Additional information on skill progressions
- Diagnostic tools to help you find solutions to the student’s form & function issues
- Videos online (coming soon)
- Incredible support from your Certified Examiner to insure you understand what you need to teach, why you need to teach each step and how to teach well
What is the deal about the insurance?
The Insurance is sold separately from membership and only runs $65 to $75 per year for individuals. Skate Schools Insurance costs $800 annually. Half-year insurance is also available for the months of June to December at $65 for the individual and $480 for schools.
If you are not otherwise covered, we strongly advise you to purchase this insurance, whether you’re an individual or a school. Skate IA was formed, in part, to ensure its skate instructors have proper coverage for their professional businesses. The policies we provide are inexpensive and easily obtained. The policies are provided to you at cost.
What Skills do I need for Level 1?
Skills you will need to demonstrate:
Skateboard Moves to teach: Five total
- Basic Stance and Push both Goofy and Regular
- Tic Tac
- Frontside & Backside turns & pivots
- Frontside Ollie
Demonstration Moves only: Three total
- Heel flip